Friday, July 20, 2012

Our Wedding




One of the happiest days of our lives, August 20, 2007...a beginning.

A brief history...

      John is of Chinese/Vietnamese descent; his family having immigrated to the USA when he was 3 years old. He moved from New Orleans to NYC when he was 10 years old. His family settled in Flushing, Queens, & set up shop in Manhattan's Chinatown on Canal St. John later went to school, & became an accountant.

      I was born in the Ozark Mountains of northwestern Arkansas. Ours was a rural life. My family grew a garden,  & raised some livestock (some pigs, chickens, guineas, & rabbits) for food. I also lived a few years in Oklahoma City. When I was 19, I  moved to New York City in 1995, settling in Brooklyn Heights, NY.  When I met John, I was living in Jersey City, & in the process of switching careers. I was in nursing school.

      John & I first met, in person, on the Manhattan-side entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge. We walked across the bridge & had brunch at the Clark St. Diner. After that first walk there were a few things we both agreed on - monogamy, marriage, & a family. It was soon afterwards, we began pursuing those goals together.

      August 20, 2007, was our official, legal, contracted beginning. A promise made to each other before witnesses  & the world, of our shared love & pursuit of life's goals. It has been 5 wonderful years!

No comments:

Post a Comment